remove & get rid of whiteheads
Everyone would like to have flawless skin; which needless to say, simply looks awesome. In order for this to be possible, you need to learn how to get rid of whiteheads naturally.
Your skin is very visible. it is pretty much there for everyone to see. In particular, you simply cannot conceal the skin on your face unless of course you decide to wear a mask all day like Jason X — definitely not a good idea.
When it comes to skin beauty, whiteheads are without a doubt unwelcome. in this article, we are going to talk about the different factors that causes whiteheads to appear on your skin and how you can naturally get rid of them for good.
What causes whiteheads?
if you know what causes it, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to understand how to remove & avoid getting it. This is why we decided to share with you the main reasons why people get whiteheads below.
- First of all, there is the issue of age. We all have to go through different stages in life and one of them is being a teenager. As a teenager, you might have noticed that during this period, whiteheads and all other forms of acne tend to attack with fury. It is believed that the reason why teenagers are more susceptible to whiteheads than other age groups is because of hormonal imbalance. In some cases this is occasioned by a deficiency of certain micro nutrients like vitamin A due to improper diet.
- There are certain foods that you can eat that will place you at a higher risk of getting whiteheads. Any food that is too sweet will probably end up giving you whiteheads, blackheads or pimples and so are foods that are too fatty and greasy. Such foods and anything else that is processed could lead to increased insulin levels in the body. High insulin levels will in most cases cause a spike in sebum production. Sebum is basically the oil secreted by glands in your skin.
- If you are allergic to certain foods and happen to consume them then one of the ways your body will manifest the allergic reaction is through whiteheads. Dairy products in particular are very notorious for this. In particular the milk from a pregnant cow contains certain hormones which once broken down by the body can cause excess sebum production in some people. You can still indulge in your favorite treats but just ensure that you do not go overboard. Concentrate more on veggies and fresh fruits.
- Despite the fact that eating some foods will increase your risk of getting whitehead acne there is one major reason behind its formation. It is quite simple really: blocked skin pores. This clogging is as a result of accumulation of oil and dead cells, bacteria among other things. All this is as a result of poor hygiene.
- If you are the kind of person who goes to bed without a good face wash then you are definitely in contention for the whitehead victim of the year award. The sweat, dust and smoke that your face and neck are exposed to during the day need to be eliminated once you get home.
How to Remove & Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Now that you know some of the main causes it is also important that you understand how you can get rid of whiteheads. Forget about buying expensive medication from the pharmacy, you can actually achieve this naturally by trying out our recommended home remedies for whiteheads mentioned below.
#1 Steam your face
You have probably heard of this before but maybe you were never too sure of its effectiveness, well, it actually works. Simply boil some water until it is steaming hot and pour it in a bucket.
Now bend over towards the bucket and cover your head with a towel to keep the steam in. The steam will open up your pores and your skin will breathe. Do this once every day and soon enough you will be very pleased with the results.
#2 Vitamin C
Your hands are full of acne causing bacteria most of the time and therefore if you do not practice good hygiene you could be placing yourself at a higher risk.
One way of fighting whiteheads caused by bacteria is by taking foods that are rich in vitamin C; vitamin C dissociates the toxins that these bacteria produce. Therefore, gobble down those oranges, pineapples, lemons and others.
#3 Milk and lime juice
As consumables this mixture would probably not work but not so as a whitehead remedy.
Simply mix the two and add a small quantity of salt and use the resulting mixture to cleanse the affected area. Once done rinse it off with cold water.
You can also use honey to get rid of whiteheads. Scoop some from the container and apply it directly on the affected area; leave it there for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Very important: make sure you do not sleep with the honey on your face.
#5 Jojoba Magic
Pour some jojoba oil in a bowl and a bit of green gram flour and stir up the mixture.
Apply this seemingly weird concoction on the whiteheads and scrub away; you will be surprised by what this remedy can do for you.
Squeeze a few lemons into a bowl. Now apply the juice directly on the whiteheads and sit back for about 15 minutes.
You can then rinse it off with cold water; do this every day before you go to bed.
A few extra tips and warnings
- Generally, good hygiene will go a long way in ensuring that you never have to deal with whiteheads. When you wake up in the morning, make sure that you wash your face with cold water; do the same before you retire to bed at night.
- Drink lots of water every day. I am quite sure you know the amount of water that your body needs on a daily basis in order to flush out toxins effectively: 8 glasses. If you do not like the taste of water, you can add some fresh lemon or orange juice.
- Exercise is very vital for your general well being. When you get moving, you sweat and when this happens toxins are flushed out of your system. The lower the toxin content in your body the less likely you are to suffer from an eruption of whiteheads.
- It is not advisable to pop whiteheads regardless of how ugly they look. There are few reasons why popping zits is a bad idea and one of them is that you could end up with even uglier scars on your face. Even more dangerous is the fact that popped whiteheads can act as entry points for pathogens. As you are well aware this could lead to infection; definitely something you do not want.