In modern day having a skin that looks younger is becoming a much cherished aspect. People are engaging themselves in activities and consuming healthy products with the aim of acquiring radiant looking skin. However with the presence of manufactured chemicals, the desired results are not easily achieved which is why people are opting for the natural remedies to reduce aging.
Aging is by itself a complex process understood by very few. It is inevitable but its rate can be reduced. It also highly reflects the living conditions of a person and can be caused by a number of reasons.
Jump to: Causes of Aging | Celebrities Who Look Younger & Older For Their Age | Ways to Make Skin Look Younger Using Natural Methods | Tips & Warnings
Causes of aging
There are two main types of aging Intrinsic aging & Extrinsic aging.
1. Intrinsic Aging
is also known as the internal aging. This is the process of natural aging that occurs when the production of collagen slows down and the element responsible for replacing back skin to its former position which is known as elastin becomes more reluctant or slower. some of the signs of natural aging include:
- i. Transparent skin
- ii. The body’s inability to produce sufficient sweat to cool the skin
- iii. Loss of hair
- iv. Bone loss which leads to the sagging of the skin after the bones pull away from the skin
- v. Presence of fine wrinkles
2. Extrinsic Aging.
is also known as external aging and is mainly caused by the environmental factors. It can be caused by a number of reasons including;
- i. Exposure to the sun.
- Aging caused by sun exposure is known as photoaging. The sun can be described as a major contributor to the process of aging. Its impact is so great that after its exposure for a given period, its effects can be seen. People from regions that have high sun intensity are known to age at faster rates.
- ii. Smoking.
- A cigarette has components that stimulate the aging process. Smokers and especially heavy smokers were recorded to have dense wrinkles after a period of time.
- iii. Facial expressions.
- People who make facial expressions especially the ones who fold their forehead skin develop wrinkles very fast. It is therefore advised that people should try to maintain calm and relaxed faces.
- iv. Sleeping positions.
- People who sleep with their faces facing the pillow were noted to gain wrinkles faster as compared to those who slept with their faces facing up.
- v. The pull of gravity.
Many people do not realize it but the pull of gravity also affects the formation of wrinkles. The pull of gravity also applies to our bodies. It causes, the tip of the nose to sag, the eyelids lower, the lower lip protrudes while the upper lip disappears.
Celebrities Who Look Younger & Older For Their Age
Chuck Norris at 72. He still looks young!
Aging affects everyone but the most spotted people are the celebrities because of their constant presence in the lime light.
There are those celebrities who have managed to maintain themselves to the point of greatly reducing the aging rate and ultimately end up looking younger than their actual ages. On the other hand there are still those celebrities who have ended up looking older than they are.
Examples of celebrities who look younger than they are include;
- Bianca Lawson
- Jim parsons
- Alison brie
- Cory Monteith
- Sarah Hyland
- Jason Earles
- Alyson Hannigan
- Gwen Stefani
- Jared Leto
- and chuck Norris among others.
Celebrities who have turned out looking older than they are include;
- Keith Richards
- Miley Cyrus
- Lindsay Lohan
- and Amy wine house among others.
Most of them end up looking older because of smoking or indulging in drugs.
Ways to make skin look younger using natural methods
There are numerous ways on how to make skin look younger naturally some of the best and simple methods are mentioned below.
1. Drinking Plenty of Water
Woman Drinking Water
It is recommended that a person consumes an average of eight glasses of water per day. Water is a very important essential in the human body.
This is because it plays the great role of maintaining hydration which is required for the body to function effectively. Not only does it prevent dehydration, it also flushes out toxins from the body system
2. Eating Balanced Diets
You can use the food pyramid as a guide for healthier diet and beautiful skin.
Consuming foods rich in the essential minerals which are vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates not only improves the immune system but they also contain antioxidants which lower the accelerating rate of aging.
The most important foods are vegetables, fruits and those rich in fibre.
3. Consumption of Omega 3 Fats
salmons, tunas are rich in omega 3. good for the heart and good for the skin
Omega 3 fats are also a very effective aid in dealing with reduction of the aging process.
They can be found in sources like; fish and its oils, flax seeds and walnuts among others
Apart from eating healthy diets and consuming adequate fluids, exercising is also very important. It improves the body’s internal functioning which ends up reflecting a more radiant looking skin.
There are numerous types of exercises that you can engage but are all equally effective when undertaken sufficiently.
5. Body Treatments Using Natural Remedies
Body treatments such as massages help in opening up the skin pores and stimulate the blood circulation process. Natural products that can be used include honey and almond oil.
They don’t contain any chemicals and therefore no side effects are expected unless in cases of allergies which are uncommon.
6. Face Treatments
avocado facial masks for younger looking skin
you can also do facials using natural remedies such milk, avocado, honey, grinded nuts, raw eggs and aloe vera products among others.
They are natural and readily available at low prices.
Tips and warnings
When dealing with attaining a young looking face there are a few tips and warnings that you need to consider.
- 1. Research on adequate information about the subject on aging so as to have the background information on what you are dealing with
- 2. Aloe Vera is a good agent for treating sun burnt skin especially when using the freshly sourced sap
- 3. Even when dealing with natural remedies one needs to consume the products in moderation. One should make sure that they consume portions of every required mineral. Over consuming one mineral could end up creating health problems and the desired effects might not be obtained.
This article was published due to reader’s request. thanks!