Below is an in-depth guide on how to whiten underarms. if you would like a full course on how to whiten skin, check this resource.
Holistic therapy is one of the best methods when addressing how to whiten underarms fast and naturally. We tend to neglect the underarm areas until we notice a darkening appearance but a natural holistic option can tackle these concerns quickly.
One of the most overlooked and un-discussed part of our bodies happens to be the underarms; we rub, tug, and come close to cutting with razors and spackle with sweet-smelling deodorants without providing any care for that tender skin.
in this post, we are going to discuss the different causes of getting dark underarms & the simple methods that you can do to start lightening that armpit today.
Main Causes Of Getting Dark Underarms
What are some sources that cause armpits to darken? It’s a range of things however when seeking how to whiten underarms fast and naturally, first seek the source that caused darkening; if you pinpoint what the root cause is, you can block it from happening again.
- Shaving, plucking and armpits rubbing together are just a few everyday occurrences. Each time you shave or pluck hair, you cause these small abrasions. During the healing process, these abrasions start to darken.
- You are probably not even aware this is happening, but just try dabbing alcohol under your arms after a shave; take a deep breath because it will most likely start to sting. Shaving and plucking will also cause your underarm hair to stand up while enlarging your hair follicles, thus making your underarms begin to appear like chicken skin.
- In addition, some of the products we use contain irritants, such as perfumed soaps and deodorants which also can cause an allergic reaction and can aggravate the skin, resulting in dark armpits.
- Review what laundry detergents you are using; some contain harsh chemicals and we have a tendency to use more than the recommended quantity when washing our clothing.
- Extra weight will also exacerbate the darkening of armpits; the heaviness of arms rubbing together causes hyper-pigmentation.
Learning how to whiten dark Underarms fast and naturally
1. Lemon Juice
lemon juice for underarms
One of the best holistic whitening and bleaching agents is lemon juice. Lemon juice has been working magic for problematic skin issues for decades. Take half a lemon and rub the juice into your armpits. Let seep in and dry for about thirty minutes; rinse off with mild soap. While this can be used every day, you should start using once a day to make sure the lemon juice does not sting the underarms. It should not, however you could have an allergy. If all goes well, use every night before going to sleep.
Tip: Squeeze some lemon juice into a spray bottle for a take-a-long. Spray the juice on your armpits several times a day; this will help with faster underarm lightening results and the citrus smell can only compliment the results.
Lemon juice tends to dry out your skin so add some moisturizing oil to the mix. Vitamin E oil or Mineral oil is soothing.
2. Alum Powder
alum powder for armpits
Alum Powder is also a holistic remedy that works well for controlling sweat, perspiration and will help lighten dark armpits if applied regularly.
You can apply alum in your underarms after taking a bath, leave it on for around 15-20 minutes then wash it off with soap. keep in mind though that alum powder can irritate some people’s skin, so use it with care.
3.Honey + Lemon Juice
Honey & Lemon
Another great natural remedy – honey and lemon juice together. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of Alum Powder; the honey balances the lemon juice and alum powder to make a great all natural home whitening treatment; it’s soothing and smells good.
Apply this all natural mixture to your armpits before taking a bath. The honey makes it feel a bit sticky but not too uncomfortable; allow it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
4.Lime & Cucumber with Turmeric Powder
lime cucumber turmeric powder for underarms
Another method for underarm whitening is using a mixture of lime and cucumber juice with one tablespoon of turmeric powder. 1 tablespoon of lime and cucumber juices will suffice.
Combine all ingredients into a paste. Apply to your armpits and allow to thoroughly dry. Rinse off with warm water, then splash with cold water to close follicles.
baking soda for dark underarms
Baking soda is a natural element and excellent as an underarms whitener. It is perfectly balanced – not acidic or alkaline and can regulate your ph level.
It can also be used for exfoliation to remove dead skin and it absorbs odor, making this a top choice to use under your arms. After showering, rub the baking soda into your armpits to lighten the dark skin.
How To Maintain a Beautiful Lightened Underarm Skin
Many individuals easily learn how to whiten dark armpits fast and naturally, however after the transformation, its right back to neglecting this delicate area. To eliminate the return of any hyper-pigmentation, you must continue these remedies. What is the use of learning how to whiten dark armpits fast and naturally if all your hard work will be wasted?
Here are a few tips to maintain lightened underarm skin…
- Wax armpit hair if you can, however, if you decide to go back to shaving, do so while in a warm steamed shower. The steam helps to open up the hair follicles and the warmth of the water helps to smooth out the hair, thus enabling you to remove the entire shaft. When the hair grows back it will be noticeably smoother.
- Wash the armpits with some milk. Lactic acid is a natural exfoliate and dissolves dead skin cells.
- Switch to a hypoallergenic deodorant; contains fewer chemicals and includes natural skin lighteners such as baking soda.
- Remember, to maintain the whitening of your underarm areas you must eliminate all the factors that caused your skin to darken in the first place; wearing tight clothing that may constrict the arms, use of perfumed deodorants, harsh soaps, lotions, creams and depilatories, and using razors to shave your underarm hair. You may want to consider looking into laser hair removal for a more permanent solution.
All of these home remedies are excellent solutions to lighten dark armpits naturally. Keep in mind, it is always best to use fresh juice instead of bottled; you will have a better response when using fresh products.
You will also find that most of the natural ingredients mentioned here will cause the skin to dry; you can mix a tablespoon of natural oils with all the holistic methods mentioned here.
Update 10/21/2013: We found a good video on YouTube that pretty much covers the method we mentioned above. Check it out:
if you’re interested to learn more Skin Whitening Tips Checkout Skin Whitening Forever