Severe Blackheads found on a nose of a man (Watch video
Before you learn how to get rid of blackheads, you should know what they are. Blackheads are ugly black or yellowish bumps or plugs on skin which develop due to the excess oil in pores of the skin. They are medically known as comedome.
Blackheads are often seen in the initial stages of acne, before they develop into skin inflammation and infection. Excessive sebum that accumulates in the sebaceous glands’ ducts is the primary cause of blackhead formation. Blackheads can develop into pimples, which are also called papules or pustules.
in this post, we’re going to talk about blackheads. what causes it and how you can remove it on your face naturally.
Content related to this that you might also like:
Causes of blackheads
Photo of blackheads
From Dr. Vikram Singh Yaday’s Youtube video
- Blackheads are caused by many different factors. Hormonal changes can cause blackheads in teens and young people from the ages of 12 to 24, as well as menstruating and pregnant women of any age. Men, especially teenagers, are more prone to developing blackheads due to excessive production of facial oil.
- Excessive humidity causes a build of oil in the pores, making breakouts even worse. If you tend to have oily skin, check the list of ingredients on any cleanser or cosmetic you use and don’t use anything that contains mineral oil, urocanic acid or lanolin.
- Chronic medical problems such as tonsillitis and gastro-intestinal tract problems cause more sebum to be released in the pores. This results in blackheads on the face as well as other body parts. Certain medical prescriptions, such as steroids and lithium can clog the pores and result in blackheads too.
- There are several popular makeup and skin care products today. Many of the ingredients in these products can irritate the skin and cause blackheads, especially in those who have sensitive skin. These products also contain oil which can get trapped in pores and cause blackheads.
- Diet plays a significant role in the appearance of skin. Although any type of diet may not directly cause blackheads, certain hormones and chemicals in our diet could contribute to blackhead formation. Some hard-to-digest foods may slow down the digestive tract and cause fermentation of toxins and accumulated foods, which may cause blackheads.
- Other factors that can result in blackhead formation include insufficient water in your body, and over exfoliating your skin. When you scrub your body too hard, you may remove some of the body’s natural substances that help to control facial oil and stop blackheads.
9 Ways To Naturally Get Rid of Blackheads
Since blackheads do not cause pain or any other signs of discomfort, it is not essential to get rid of them. However, they affect our physical appearance and that’s why most people decide to remove them. in this section, we’ll cover how to do just that.
Below, are some of the best methods to get rid of blackheads naturally.
#1 Apply face mask
face mask for blackheads
Applying face mask on a regular basis helps to get rid of blackheads. Apply clay mask to absorb excess sebum from the pores of skin and to help in reducing blackheads.
Let it stay on the skin for a specified period of time. Wash off your skin with some lukewarm water and dry it gently.
#2 Wash your face
Get rid of blackheads by washing your face before and after going to bed
Washing your face frequently is the best way to avoid blackheads on the chin or other body parts. Since blackheads are primarily caused by oily skin, you must wash your face regularly using a gentle cleanser.
Wash and clean the affected area if you feel that oil has accumulated in skin pores.
#3 Check your diet
start a healthy diet o get rid of blackheads
Apart from proper hygiene and skin care, it is equally important to check your diet plan in order to permanently get rid of blackheads. Some food items, especially those that have refined fats and carbohydrates enhance the secretion of sebum, which worsens blackheads.
To keep your skin hydrated, be sure to drink plenty of water and also include plenty of vegetables and fruits that are high in vitamins and minerals.
use exfoliants to treat blackheads. Exfoliants can be found everywhere.
The use of scrubbers and exfoliants is another effective way to remove blackheads. You must follow the instructions on the label carefully to remove dead cells which clog skin pores.
Do not use pore strips to get rid of blackheads on nose, rather you should go for facials on a regular basis.
#5 Avoid using excess makeup
say no to make up for now
Applying too much makeup on the face can worsen blackheads, especially for those who have oily skin.
Also, applying poor quality products can make the condition worse. Therefore, make sure you apply minimum makeup to reduce the development of blackheads.
#6 Use steam
use steam and tea tree oil
Steaming is one of the best remedies to remove blackheads. Add a few tea tree oil drops in hot water and take the steam for five minutes.
This will help to open up your clogged pores and treat blackheads. Do not squeeze your blackheads as this can cause swelling and redness.
#7 Use good products
Never use creamy or very thick creams, because they can clog the follicles. Instead, you should apply natural products containing plant-based products and essential oils.
If you are unsure of the brand, see a qualified dermatologist to get good products suitable for your skin type.
#8 Lemon Juice
lemon juice for blackheads
Extract lemon juice onto blackheads. This juice contains an acidic property which helps to reduce excess oil and prevent any bacterial infections.
Rinse it off using cold water after half an hour.
#9 Baking Soda
baking soda and water
Another excellent natural remedy is baking soda. Mix it with water and make a paste.
Apply the paste on your blackheads and rinse it off after twenty minutes.
Additional tips and warnings
- Never try to pop your blackheads as it may leave scars and serious facial injuries
- After extracting blackheads, you can use a clay mask to cleanse the pores further.
- Never persist with removing blackheads if they don’t come out easily. Instead, leave them alone at this point before you try once again.
- be patient. it is not that difficult to remove blackheads. try these effective natural methods
- Always remember that removing blackheads naturally works best when combined with a healthy diet and PD skin care tips.